Highways Inspector (VN922)
Business Area: Eurovia UK
Vacancy Base: Stevenage, North Hetfordshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
As a Highways Inspector you will be required to:
- Inspect Category 1 defects raised by members of the public, and define interventions in line with the Assess and Decide policy
- Build accurate jobs for the Operations Team to construct
- Provide responses to members of the public.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and proficiency in identification and risk assessment of defects to be categorised (Categories 1 and 2) for appropriate interventions
- Understanding of construction methodologies with firm grasp of H&S and TMA compliance
- Understanding of operational delivery within the TMC/Civil Engineering sector with awareness in safety, quality and environmental issues
- Understanding of operational H&S responsibilities both for themselves and others undertaking follow up work
- A comprehensive understanding of the HCC Assess and Decide Policy is desirable, however training on this can be provided
- The ability to raise Category 1 and 2 Work Orders on CONFIRM is desirable, however training will be provided
- Conversant with HCC’s Inspection Manual and knowledgeable about the inspection aspects of the Well Maintained Highways Code of Practice for Highways Maintenance Management is desirable, however if required, training can be provided
- Highways maintenance related qualification would be an advantage
- Experience using PDAs
- Knowledge of the County of Hertfordshire; understanding of highways maintenance works is an advantage;
This role would be great for an experienced Highways Professional, that may be an experienced Highways Inspector or an operative.
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.