Asset Technician (VN1013)
Business Area: Eurovia UK
Vacancy Base: Isle of Wight
County: Isle of Wight
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Asset Management team for a highly organised individual with a passion for highways. This position forms an integral part of the business to ensure the successful delivery of asset management functions across the Island Roads contract. The appointment offers strong training and development opportunities for candidates with an eagerness to learn in order to excel within their role.
As the Asset Technician you will be required to:
· Maintain the asset inventory to ensure accuracy of data.
· Undertake highway asset audits to ensure contractual compliance.
· Develop, monitor and deliver Asset Condition Surveys.
· Be responsible for secondary auditing of Highway Safety Inspections via in-house systems.
· Be responsible for Local Land Registry Searches.
· Manage project and asset queries from other area of the business.
As the successful Asset Technician you will have
· Practical working knowledge of highway asset management.
· Good experience of operating IT programmes.
· Ability to work within a SLA based environment.
· Strong communication skills both internal and external, written and verbal.
· Accuracy and attention to detail at all times.
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.