Development Control Technician
Business Area: Administration
Vacancy Base: Isle of Wight
County: Isle of Wight
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Development Control team for a highly organised individual with a passion for highways. This position forms an integral part of the business to ensure the successful delivery of development control functions across the Island Roads contract. The appointment offers strong training and development opportunities for candidates with an eagerness to learn in order to excel within their role.
As the Development Control Technician you will be required to:
· Provide technical pre-application highway advise to a range of stakeholders.
· Assist with identifying, negotiating and and securing transport and highway improvements.
· Assess and process highway agreement applications in alignment with approved design/specifications.
· Assist with the delivery of the Highways Search and Property / Street Naming and Numbering process.
· Manage detailed records for all schemes; legal agreements and financial bonds.
· Assist in the maintenance of highway adoption records.
As the successful Development Control Technician you will have:
· Good working knowledge of highway legislation.
· Good communication skills both internal and external, written and verbal.
· Experience in technical report writing.
· Active in looking at data to develop improvements.
· Ability to work within an SLA based environment.
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.