Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Business Area: Commercial, Quantity Surveying & Project Management
Vacancy Base: Chelston
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
The team delivering the Highways England South West Maintenance & Response Contract are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team. This role is based at Chelston Depot, Chelston, Somerset.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will be expected to:
• Providing assistance to the Quantity Surveyor and Senior Team
• Carrying out site measures and produce measure abstracts
• Assisting with sub-contract procurement and valuations
• Monitoring cost and value
• Assisting the team in monitoring the performance of subcontractors
• Checking Sub-Contract orders
• Assisting with formulating Payment applications
• Recording and issuing Early Warnings where necessary
The successful candidate will have:
• Demonstrable site experience or experience working in a construction office
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Outlook and Word
• Previous experience of working within a commercial team and have excellent knowledge of the NEC Suite of Contracts in particular the Term Services Contract is highly desirable - You will be expected to be able to maintain contract documentation/instructions/early warnings
This is a full time permanent position.
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.