Assistant Quantity Surveyor (VN1389)
Business Area: Commercial, Quantity Surveying & Project Management
Vacancy Base: County Hall, Hertford
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
The opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the team in Hertfordshire, the main purpose of the role is to support the QS with a range of tasks specific to highways and civil engineering projects in Hertfordshire.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is a Commercial Assistant looking to take the step into an Assistant QS role, we will invest heavily in your progression and development.
As the Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be required to:
- Support the QS where possible
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of Commercial Management of works on site £25k and above.
- Effective Commercial management of onsite activities and change management process
- Show a commercial understanding of NEC 3 contract,
- Support of EWN, CE, CEQ,
- Support of Supply chain partners assessment and payment
- Reach an agreement with Client representatives on Target Price and outturn Target Price.
The successful Assistant Quantity Surveyor candidate will have:
- Degree would be advantageous
- Experience within highways projects / Civils projects / Infrastructure
- Strong IT skills and good knowledge of Microsoft including Excel
- A logical and organised approach to work
- Ability to work on own initiative
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.