Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
As the Finance & Commercial Manager you will be responsible for managing the financial and commercial aspects of the Division by implementing cost control and reporting processes.
This role will also involve managing all commercial aspects of the contract and ensure full entitlement is realized and business plan objectives are met.
As the Finance and Commercial Manager you will also be expected to:
• To ensure that all commercial and finance processes for the contract are fit for purpose and operate efficiently.
• To manage the performance and development of the commercial and finance team and be responsible for all commercial and finance functions and to actively inspire a positive staff morale.
• Manage exposure to liability through development and implementation of robust ‘Red’ claims processes and procedures
• Identify trends and establish stretching targets for ‘Green’ claims recovery and drive team to deliver.
• Regular communication and interaction across the contract including regular depot visits
• Rigorous management of claiming value and ensure aging principles are adhered to
• Budget monitoring and budget certainty
• Lead challenge to operational teams on their monthly results
• To understand and apply the structure and strategy behind the tender
• Lead on production of monthly application in accordance with the contract
The successful Finance and Commercial Manager will have:
• A good working knowledge contracts and has previously led finance/commercial teams
• An accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
• Alternatively, a degree in a numerical or technical discipline - relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
• Adequate experience as a PQS/SQS
• A high level of proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Outlook and Word is required for this role, knowledge of SAP and CPA is highly desirable.
• A full UK driving license is essential as a level of travel will be required.
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
Read more about working for Ringway on our careers website
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.