Area Manager (VN1606)
Business Area: Operational Management
Vacancy Base: Flexible (depots across HE East)
County: South East
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
As the Area Manager you will be responsible for:
- To manage the day to day capital works operations on the Highways England East
- Maintenance and Response Contract. To plan, control, manage and co-ordinate all operational activities in line with company policy including costs Vs value, processes and procedures.
- Personnel safety and safety of all personnel under your authority including others who may be affected by operational activities
- To direct resources of people, vehicle, plant, materials, sub-contractors and premises, to achieve the aims and objectives of the contract business plan
- Ensure that operations are carried out in a commercially astute manner ensuring best value
- Carry out investigations or report writing as required and as requested by direct line management
- Produce draft business cases to assist with safety and operational improvements
- Undertake operational site audits to ensure compliance with safety and quality standards and in line with company policies
- Ensure that site measurements/valuations are recorded and promptly processed, good commercial and financial processes are followed.
The successful Programme Manager will have:
- Previous experience in a similar managerial role
- Experience of Capital work delivery
- Experience working on high speed networks
- Degree/HND (or similar) level qualification in related subject
- SMSTS 5 Day Course
- Traffic Management Qualification
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
Read more about working for Ringway on our careers website
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.