Business Area: Eurovia UK
Vacancy Base: 42 Daish Way, Newport PO30 5XJ
County: Isle of Wight
Contract Type: Permanent
Eurovia’s core expertise is transport infrastructure and urban development, producing specialist, market leading materials and construction services to the UK highways industry. Our knowledge and technical expertise has enabled investment in growth to develop innovative and sustainable construction techniques and solutions that benefit road users, airports, stadiums, playgrounds and pedestrian footways across the UK.
As The Buyer you will be responsible for and expected to:
• Actively involved in supplier base selection and development, including active performance management.
• Prepare, issue and review supplier RFQ’s, recommending preferred options to the relevant stakeholders.
• Pro-actively report material and availability issues, and implement immediate corrective actions as required.
• Converting Purchase Requisitions to Purchase Orders for Materials, PPE, Tools, Plant Hire, Professional Services and ICT and issuing to Suppliers.
• Adhere to the Procurement Process, maintaining the financial governance throughout each stage of the process.
• Managing the Purchase Order monthly “call offs”.
• Uphold the five rights of Procurement; Right product, Right Quantity, Right Quality, Right Price, Right time.
• Hiring and Off hiring Plant and Tools, maintaining register of Hired Plant and Tools.
• Working to the Group Framework and Local Agreement pricing catalogues, consideration of price when finalising Purchase Orders, making sure arcuate costing is committed with every purchase.
• Working closely with the finance team, dealing with invoice queries.
• Negotiating with Supply Chain Partners, procuring at the most competitive rates without compromising on quality.
• Working across other Divisions within the Region, some travel to other Divisions may be required.
• Provide holiday and sickness cover to other Divisions within the Region when required.
The Buyer will have:
Read more about working for Eurovia on our careers website
• Experience dealing with vendors and sub-contractors. The candidate would ideally have a wide understanding of the construction industry, particularly in Highways.
• A recognised degree level qualification and / or CIPS at level 4 or above.
• SAP experience would be ideal.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Procurement role.
• Experience of direct and indirect sourcing of materials and plant hire within the Highways / Construction industry.
Skills and Attributes:
• Sound negotiation skills.
• Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
• Strong time management skills, ability to prioritise own workload
• Must have a flexible and dynamic approach to workload.
• Creative thinker, with commercial judgement and aptitude.
• Resourceful and able to work on own initiative is a must.
• A good understanding of Company and Business objectives, as well as Health and Safety.
• Advanced in all Microsoft applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.