Area Manager (VN1705)
Business Area: Operational Management
Vacancy Base: Across contract (various depots)
County: South East
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
As the Area Manager, you will be expected to:
• To manage the day to day operations on the Highways England East Maintenance and Response Contract. To plan, control, manage and co-ordinate all operational activities in line with company policy including costs Vs value, processes and procedures.
• Manage personnel safety and safety of all personnel under your authority including others who may be affected by operational activities
• To direct resources of people, vehicle, plant, materials, sub-contractors and premises, to achieve the aims and objectives of the contract business plan
• Ensure that operations are carried out in a commercially astute manner ensuring best value
• Carry out investigations or report writing as required and as requested by direct line management
• Produce draft business cases to assist with safety and operational improvements
• Undertake operational site audits to ensure compliance with safety and quality standards and in line with company policies
• Front line responsibility for service delivery of winter maintenance and emergency response activities including standby duties as required.
• Ensure that site measurements/valuations are recorded and promptly processed, good commercial and financial processes are followed.
• Preparation and modification of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and COSHH assessments in association with the local safety advisor
The successful Area Manager will have:
• Degree/HND (or similar) level qualification in related subject
• SMSTS 5 Day Course
• Traffic Management Qualification
• Knowledge of Microsoft office
• Confirm connect, papyrus and kheops understanding
• Driving License
• Experience of financial control including annual and periodic budgets and forecasting is maintained and reporting on the operational and financial aspects of the Contract at management reviews.
• Experience of planning and programming to ensure effective service delivery
• Ability to continually review processes and procedures to drive innovation and continuous improvement
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.