Area Manager (VN1806)
Business Area: Operational Management
Vacancy Base: London Road
Spooner Row Depot
Spooner Row NR18 9SS
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
Front line responsibility for all capital works on the HE East contract including pavement schemes, structures, technology, street lighting, soft estate and drainage.
The Area Manager will be responsible for:
• Managing the day to day capital works operations on the Highways England East Maintenance and Response Contract. To plan, control, manage and co-ordinate all operational activities in line with company policy including costs Vs value, processes and procedures.
• Personnel safety and safety of all personnel under your authority including others who may be affected by operational activities
• The resources of people, vehicle, plant, materials, sub-contractors and premises, to achieve the aims and objectives of the contract business plan
• Ensure that operations are carried out in a commercially astute manner ensuring best value
• Carry out investigations or report writing as required and as requested by direct line management
• Produce draft business cases to assist with safety and operational improvements
• Undertake operational site audits to ensure compliance with safety and quality standards and in line with company policies
• Ensuring that site measurements/valuations are recorded and promptly processed, good commercial and financial processes are followed.
• Assist management with presentations for briefing sessions and safety stand down days
• Compliance with the company’s policies and procedures
• Preparation and modification of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and COSHH assessments in association with the local safety advisor
• Financial returns in line with budget, including DSO
• Financial reporting carried out within Ringway Group timetable
• Material, Labour and Plant / Vehicle costs management improving in line with business plan and vehicle damage costs reducing to negligible levels.
• Safety performance measures in line with Safety Objectives and statutory reporting.
• Monitoring in line with principals of ISO 14001, 9001, 45001, 44001.
The Area Manager will have:
• Hands on and active support for colleagues and especially their direct team
• A professional approach, commensurate with a management role in a major company.
• Meeting deadlines and developing operational improvements as a matter of course.
• Taking an active involvement in the wider industry
• A personal approach and style of management that ensures they are a role model for others in the team
• Consistently working at a level consistent with, or higher than, agreed service levels (as agreed as objectives at Appraisals or at other times)
• Achieving Business Plan Objectives
• Must be computer literate and identify urgent requests and actions
• Degree/HND (or similar) level qualification in related subject
• SMSTS 5 Day Course
• Traffic Management Qualification
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.