Commercial Assistant (VN1868)
Business Area: Commercial, Quantity Surveying & Project Management
Vacancy Base: Almondsbury / Scorrier
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
The Commercial Assistant will be responsible for
• General Admin support across the depot
• Making sure accurate records are maintained and supplied to client
• Work in Partnership with the Client and in a collaborative manner
• Assist the team in compiling of monthly applications for payments
• Commercial assistance to operations
• Site measurement procedures and processes
• To actively foster a positive staff morale.
• To willingly carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of management.
• To assist Operational Managers and other operational staff in the financial and commercial management of orders as directed by the Senior Surveyor
• The accurate and timely preparation of Applications for Payment and Invoice, including the compilation of all supporting information, as directed by the Senior Surveyor, including the preparation of periodic measures and valuations
• Assist the surveying team as required.
• Prepare sub-contract payment notices for approval by Line manager.
• Ensure accurate records are kept of the subcontractor’s works.
The Commercial Assistant will Have
• GCSE or equivalent
• Team player
• Able to communicate to all levels
• Logical and detailed in approach to work
• Computer literate
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.