Civils Operative (Nights) (VN2117)
Business Area: Highways Operatives
Vacancy Base: London
County: Greater London
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
Ringway are happy to announce they have been appointed as the maintenance contractor for Central London. The 8 year contract commenced on the 1st April and we are looking for Civil Operatives to support in the delivery of highways maintenance and construction work across night shifts.
As the Civils Operative you will be required to:
• Carry out a wide range of routine or cyclical works and operations overnight
• Oversee a 2 person crew on specific jobs and ensure work is carried out to specification
• Respond to incidents and call outs during or out of hours as required
• Assist with winter maintenance
• Manage the safety of the team and complete all necessary reporting, paper or electronic
The successful Civils Operative will have:
• Previous experience within a similar role
• CSCS card
• Banksman training
• Manual Handling
• Safe Dig
• LGV Licence
• Experience Grass / Hedge cutting using Tractor & Flail (desirable)
• Previous experience with Winter Maintenance (desirable)
• A Current Driving License
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.