Assistant Buyer (VN2723)
Business Area: Administration
Vacancy Base: Stilton
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
To support the division to achieve their Business Plan through the implementation of the group supply
chain strategy and policies in the day-to-day procurement of goods, equipment and plant.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the below duties:
• Procure goods and services in accordance with Group Framework Agreements and Catalogues, ensuring they are utilised correctly.
• Ensure that the Local Purchasing Agreements are used correctly.
• Identify procurement betterment against group frameworks and advise Regional Buyer accordingly.
• Coordinate regularly ordered items to ensure that spend is aggregated where possible to ensure best commercial return.
• The ensure compliance and use of processes, procedures and authorisation for all purchases managed within the division.
• To participate in local and group training, workshops and meetings.
• To assist in the preparation of monthly reports for the Group Supply Chain and local management.
• Assist when required with any tenders that may take place on the contract.
• Assist in the uploading and maintenance of Local Purchase Agreement catalogues in e-Buyer.
• To expedite bespoke tasks as defined through the appraisal process or agreed with Line Manager.
• Supporting the business to ensure that purchase orders are input, reconciled in a timely and accurate manner; purchase orders closed, goods received processes adhered too and disputes resolved within payment period.
• Ensure that any required order amendments are carried out in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate to following skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail is key
• Must be computer literate and able to identify urgent requests and actions
• Fully proficient in all Microsoft applications
• Experience in understanding buying function would be an advantage
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.
Ringway recognises the importance of helping our employees balance their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements across many of our roles.