Design Engineer (VN2292)
Business Area: Design
Vacancy Base: Bear Lane, Southwark
County: Greater London
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
This is a fantastic opportunity to form part of the Projects & Capital Delivery Team responsible for the design and implementation of Projects for TfL and London Boroughs. This will include the planning, programming, commercial and contractual requirements of each project. This will contribute to delivery of the HMpF key performance indicators and the Ringway business plan targets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Provision of design support to Discipline Team Leaders
• Detailed design of schemes or programmes of work in line with appropriate design standards
• Project management of schemes and work programmes
• Management of specialist off-site resources
• Working collaboratively across Client and internal teams to ensure an effective turnover of projects (service task orders), and that all orders are delivered to programme.
• Completion of Construction Pack
• If necessary, attend stakeholder meetings (or other similar meetings) to support the Discipline Leader, or lead depending on nature and complexity of scheme.
• Design support on Walk & Build schemes
• Responsible for the production, review and submission of design or output in relation to a Task Order Request for Projects on the HMpF Contract and any Call-Off arrangements with Framework Clients.
The successful candidate will have:
• Degree (Engineering or BSc) or equivalent experience
• Experience in highway engineering and relevant work type design, i.e. drainage, street lighting, traffic signals, ITS (Not essential for Graduate Engineer role)
• Broad experience in design delivery within the TMC/Civil Engineering sector (Not essential for Graduate Engineer role)
• Understanding of asset management and works programming
• Prince 2 experience an advantage
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project together eServe MIS
• Knowledge of H&S legislation and CDM Regulations
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.