Highways Maintenance Operative (1773) - Sandy
Business Area: Highways Operatives
Vacancy Base: Sandy
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
Activities of the team/department that this role will operate in;
- To carry out a a wide range of routine or cyclical maintenance works and operations.
- Deputise for chargehand as and when required.
- Able to run a two person crew on specific jobs and ensure work is carried out to specification.
- Manage safety of the team and complete all necessary reporting, paper or electronic
- Where required respond to emergencies and call outs during out of hours
- Assist with winter maintenance delivery and driving of routes
Purpose of the role and your responsibilities;
- Delivery of cyclical maintenance works
- Establish and maintain traffic management
- Attend to emergency call outs in and out of hours
- Assist with winter maintenance delivery
Formal qualifications required;
- NRSWA qualified
- TM 12 a, b, c, or d
- HGV class 2
- Winter maintenance training
- Use of a IT systems on a tablet
- Able to complete daily record sheets
- Take responsibility for plant, equipment and vehicle defect sheets
Ideally 5+ years in highway maintenance on a strategic network
- Knowledge of traffic management
- Knowledge of VRS delivery
- Knowledge of HE East area would be an advantage
- Be prepared to participate fully in team work
- Be prepared to work varying hours
- A willingness to apply skills to a variety of tasks
- To be responsible for their own safety and that of others
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.