Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
Ringway are now responsible for Area 6 & Area 8 and we are looking for operatives to support in the delivery of specialist highways maintenance or construction work.
As an operative you will be required to:
· Carry out a wide range of routine or cyclical works and operations
· Carry out all required checks of plant, equipment and vehicles including
· Completion of associated reports
· To accurately complete daily record sheets and submit them at the end of each
· day on either paper or tablet/electronic formats
· To respond to when required all incidents and call outs during or out of hours including
· Winter Maintenance
· To be able to carry out safety, quality and environmental audits and risk assessments
· To undergo all necessary training to ensure you are competent to undertake the
· tasks assigned to you.
The successful Operative will have:
· A minimum of 18 months experience in a similar role
· Good knowledge of health and safety procedures
· HGV License
· Winter Maintenance Driver
· Use of Airwaves
· NRSWA Operative, Units 1, 2 and 10
· NHSS 12A/B Operative
· NHSS 12C Operative
· NHSS 12D · NHSS 2B VRS (basic)
· NHSS 2B VRS Lead Erector (without Winter Maintenance)
· Specialist Plant Operator, Excavator, Gully Emptier, Road Sweeper, Telehandler, IPV, MEWP, Barrier Rig, etc….)
· Grass / Hedge cutting using Tractor & Flail
· NRSWA Operative (Units LA, O1-06, and 08)
· Stonemasonry / Brickwork
Due to the nature of work you will be required to respond to incidents and call outs during or out of hours as required and assist with Winter Maintenance.
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
Read more about working for Ringway on our careers website
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.